Back to Sales Tax Guides

Wyoming Sales Tax Calculator

Written by:

Edited by:

Reviewed by: Daniel Javor

Updated on January 27, 2023

Wyoming Sales Tax Calculator

Disclaimer: Step by Step Business’ content is for informational and educational purposes only. It’s not intended to be a substitute for professional legal or tax advice. All of our articles are thoroughly reviewed and fact-checked by our editorial team. Read our editorial guidelines for more details.

Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wyoming Sales Tax Calculator

If your business sells physical products or certain types of services, you will need to collect and pay sales tax. In Wyoming, the first step is visiting the Department of Revenue website and registering for sales tax in order to acquire a seller’s permit, or sales tax permit. 

What Products and Services Are Subject to Sales Tax in Wyoming?

All personal property is subject to sales tax in Wyoming, as are utilities, lodging, and admissions to certain events and amusement parks. Any services to alter or repair personal property are also taxable. Prescription medicine, gasoline, and groceries are all tax-exempt. 

Wyoming Sales Tax Rate

The state sales tax rate in Wyoming is 4%.

Wyoming sales tax rates vary depending on which county and city you’re in. Check Wyoming Department of Revenue site for the exact rates.

Sales Tax Rate

How to Register for Wyoming Sales Tax

In Wyoming, acquire a seller’s permit by following the revenue department’s detailed instructions for registration

  1. Create an account on Wyoming’s online business services website
  2. Fill out the Sales/Use tax license application
  3. Pay the $60 application fee

Use our Sales Tax Calculator to determine your exact sales tax rate and total purchase amount. 

Sales Tax Calculator

Reset Data


In Wyoming, and across the country, collecting sales tax is a must if you want to avoid potentially heavy fines and even closure. It’s crucial that you follow your state’s laws, and you might consider consulting with an accountant or tax attorney to make sure you’re in full compliance.