We earn commissions if you shop through the links below. Read more

Wisconsin Sales Tax Calculator

Written by:

Mark Stewart is the in-house Certified Public Accountant, an accomplished author and financial media specialist.

Wisconsin Sales Tax Calculator

If your company sells physical products or certain types of services, you will need to collect and pay sales tax. In Wisconsin, the first step is visiting the Department or Revenue website and registering for sales tax in order to acquire a seller’s permit, or sales tax permit. 

Use our Sales Tax Calculator to determine your exact sales tax rate and total purchase amount. 

Wisconsin Sales Tax Calculator

Reset Data

What Products and Services Are Subject to Sales Tax in Wisconsin?

All personal property is subject to sales tax in Wisconsin. In addition, certain services are subject to sales tax including the repair and service of personal property, parking, laundry and dry cleaning, and lodging. Cable television, internet access, and admission to certain events are also taxable. 

Wisconsin Sales Tax Rate

The state sales tax rate in Wisconsin is 5%.

Wisconsin sales tax rates vary depending on which county and city you’re in. Check Wisconsin Department of Revenue site for the exact rates.

Sales Tax Rate

How to Register for Wisconsin Sales Tax

In Wisconsin, the way to acquire a seller’s permit is by following the department of revenue’s detailed instructions for registration: 

  1. Register for an account on Wisconsin’s online business portal
  2. Fill out the sales and use tax application
  3. Pay the $20 fee


In Wisconsin, and across the country, collecting sales tax is a must if you want to avoid potentially heavy fines and even closure. It’s crucial that you follow your state’s laws, and you might consider consulting with an accountant or tax attorney to make sure you’re in full compliance.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Wisconsin Sales Tax Calculator