We earn commissions if you shop through the links below. Read more

Arizona Sales Tax Calculator

Written by:

Mark Stewart is the in-house Certified Public Accountant, an accomplished author and financial media specialist.

Arizona Sales Tax Calculator

If your business sells physical products or certain types of services, you will need to collect and pay sales tax. In Arizona, the first step is visiting the revenue department’s website and registering for sales tax in order to acquire a seller’s permit, or sales tax permit. 

Use our Sales Tax Calculator to determine your exact sales tax rate and total purchase amount. 

Arizona Sales Tax Calculator

Reset Data

What Products and Services Are Subject to Sales Tax in Arizona?

In Arizona, sales tax is called a transaction privilege tax (TPT). Sales of tangible goods are subject to TPT tax in Arizona. Telecommunications services, amusement services, and construction contracting are also subject to TPT tax. Groceries and gasoline are also subject to TPT tax. 

Arizona Sales Tax Rate

The sales tax rate in Arizona is 5.6%.

Arizona sales tax rates vary depending on which county and city you’re in. Check Arizona Department of Revenue site for the exact rates.

Sales Tax Rate

How to Register for Arizona Sales Tax

In Arizona, acquire a seller’s permit by following the Department of Revenue’s detailed instructions for registration: 

  1. Go to the Arizona Tax website.
  2. Register for an account.
  3. Fill out the TPT registration form.
  4. Pay the $12 fee.


In Arizona, paying TPT tax is a must if you want to avoid potentially heavy fines and even closure. It’s crucial that you follow your state’s laws, and you might consider consulting with an accountant or tax attorney to make sure you’re in full compliance.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Arizona Sales Tax Calculator